What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are made from titanium and are used to replace one or multiple teeth. Implants can also be used to support dentures. Give Main Street Dental a call at 801-467-2255 for a FREE implant consultation.
Who Can Have Dental Implants?
In general, any person at any age may need dental implants. However, it is important to Main Street Dental that you:
- Commit to good oral hygiene. Implants won't decay, but gum infections around implants are somewhat common.
- Have enough bone to hold the implant in place, sometimes bone grafting is necessary to place implants.
- Have healthy gums. If you have active periodontal disease, it is important that is under control prior to placing dental implants.
- Continue with regular dental visits
Certain people may need to be more closely examined to determine if they are good candidates for dental implants. This can occur if you:
- Are a heavy smoker
- Suffer from uncontrolled chronic disorders (like heart disease or diabetes)
- Have had radiation therapy around the head or neck
Why Should I Get Dental Implants?
There are many reasons why dental implants may be right for you.
- Missing tooth: If you are missing a single tooth due to infection or decay, a dental implant and crown are the preferrd way to replace a missing tooth.
- Missing several teeth: 2 or more implants can be used to support a bridge when you are missing several teeth
- Dentures: Dentures, especially lower dentures, can be stabilized by 2 or more implants. 'Locator' overdentures are a proven way to improve denture stability.
What are Mini Implants?
Mini Implants are like traditional implants, but smaller in diameter. Mini Implants can be used to replace a single tooth or to support dentures when there is not enough bone to support a traditional implant.
How Much Does a Dental Implant Cost?
Dental implants have come down in cost. In ideal situations, single tooth implant and crown can be completed for only $1299, and denture stabilization can be done for as little as $2500, and upwards of $25,000 for a screwed in hybrid denture. Some circumstances may increase the cost of implants for example, if bone grafting in needed or an aesthetic custom abutment for a front tooth.
How Do I Take Care of My Dental Implants?
Dental implants should be treated just like your real teeth. It is important you practice excellent oral hygiene, and schedule dental check-ups regularly. This will keep your implants and teeth looking great and working well.
Give us a call at 801-467-2255 to set up a FREE consultation so we can help you decide if dental implants are the right move for you.